5 Night Alaska Cruise on QofS

Hi all, I am new to this blog and frankly new to Royal Carribean, have sailed on Disney a half dozen times, but wanting to branch out (and frankly not pay so much 🙂 

We live outside Seattle and I am considering a last minute trip on the 5 Night Alaskan Cruise on Quantum of the Seas. It would be our first RC cruise. Any thoughts or advice on this one? Much appreciated!

-Brad

This will be Quantum's first cruise to Alaska and first of the 2022 season from Seattle.

A sister ship to Quantum, Ovation of the Seas has been doing Alaska for a couple of cruise seasons so it's not like these ships have never been there, but it will be Quantum's first time.  

Cruising is still in the restart phase so it's not completely like it was before the pandemic.  Until a month or so ago Quantum was performing cruises out of Singapore under very different restart rules imposed by the Singaporean government.  

As long as you are prepared for the possibility for a little bit of a shakedown cruise experience I think it's a great opportunity to jump on a cruise.  The crew will adapt to CDC rules and eventually learn to shed the rules imposed by the Singapore government but it may take a few cruises for all the crew to adapt so be patient and understanding.  

Pricing looks pretty good for the 5 night.  I'm booked on the next cruise after this one and I'm anticipating the possibility that crew will still be adapting to North America on my cruise.

They are great modern ships with a lot of technology and if I lived in the area I'd jump at the opportunity.