Testing on a weekend?

I have a basic question about the two day testing prior to boarding. Now, I'm not dense, but I just need to know how they count the two days. I will be sailing on monday, and I'm assuming labs will be closed on sundays; so, I'm asking if I can be tested on a thursday or if I test on friday, what are my chances that my results will be on time before my sailing?

If you sail on Monday, you can get your test Monday, Sunday, or Saturday.  Your best bet, if you have time, is to order the at-home, proctored covid tests.  Then you don't have to worry about a lab being open or not.    I have no trouble scheduling tests on Saturdays or Sundays, though.  Only do rapid antigen tests (if you are talking about fully vaccinated passengers and not unvaccinated children), because the results come back in 15 minutes.

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Testing on a weekend?
5 hours ago, fishngl said:

I have a basic question about the two day testing prior to boarding. Now, I'm not dense, but I just need to know how they count the two days. I will be sailing on monday, and I'm assuming labs will be closed on sundays; so, I'm asking if I can be tested on a thursday or if I test on friday, what are my chances that my results will be on time before my sailing?

Vaccinated guests can get the antigen test. Results are usually ready in less than two hours. My county’s website in Florida has a list of testing centers that are open on Saturday and give results quick.

The at home proctored tests are so easy.  I took my kiddos on a cruise with three days prior in Miami.  We did the proctored tests in our Miami hotel room the day before (we took non proctored before we left home, just to be certain).  So easy.  Yes, it's ~$35/test, but so so easy.