Embarkation Times

Bree

Hi All,

Does anyone know how strict Royal Caribbean is with embarkation times? Our boarding time printed on our Set Sail Pass is 12:30 - 2:30, but we will be flying down from Tampa and will arrive in Ft. Lauderdale around 8:00 AM. I'd prefer not to sit in the airport for two or three hours :)

Some of the time, you will wait in the cruise ship terminal. I have done that many times, the ship isn't ready until usually 11 am to let passengers board. Most cruise lines have gone to set window of time for you to board and some cruise lines really stick to it. It also depends on your tier level with Crown and Anchor. Passengers that are Diamond and above can board early without waiting in a long line to get the paperwork done.

If you arrive early enough, drop your bags with the porter and instead of heading to the north end to go through check-in turn and go south.  At the end of the terminal is a staircase you can go up and get up close to the ship for some good pictures.  Like so:  https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOkL_0nEz8KIiYsMAu2GNjvKlASJ1zOMMUPxRx4  (Sorry, it's a PITA to embed a photo from google photos.)

When done there just walk across the upper level to the check in.  The terminal in Tampa is one of the nicest I've ever been in. https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPT3dEtDMCCIWMc66ujwyavyq_3eXLQdWIRXTOz