Unlimited Dining Package Price Change

We are going on our first cruise in May.  A few weeks ago I booked and paid for the UDP at a certain price.  The latest round of deals has a lower package price.  Can I cancel the original UDP and then reserve at the new price?  If so, how is the difference in price handled? Is it turned into on board credit?  Thanks in advance for any information.

If you cancel the previous package you can then rebook it at the new lower price. 
I tend to look on the cruise planner every couple of weeks and often cancel and rebook things like the dinning package, drinks packages and excursions if I find better deals. My golden rule is book it at a price you are happy with then every time you get to rebook at a lower price is a bonus.

You can absolutely do a cancel/rebook of ANY of your Cruise Planner purchases! 

The original purchase will be refunded to your method of payment. If purchased with a credit/debit card, it may take some time to be refunded to you. (Sometimes 2-3 weeks)

If you purchased using on board credit, it will be immediately credited to your reservation.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, TKE_800 said:

If the Unlimited Dining Package is sold out on your sailing, can you still get a price adjustment?  I do not want to cancel and try to rebook and take the chance of not being able to rebook. 

You could call and have a rep assist you. 

I have called a few times now.  The first 2 times I was told the price is not correct on the website, and the last time they said they couldn't rebook it if it is sold out.  Kind of disappointing as I was under the impression if the price went down I could get the lower price. 🙄

2 hours ago, TKE_800 said:

I have called a few times now.  The first 2 times I was told the price is not correct on the website, and the last time they said they couldn't rebook it if it is sold out.  Kind of disappointing as I was under the impression if the price went down I could get the lower price. 🙄

Only if it is purchasable. There have been ongoing glitches that might say $198. But you can't purchase it. So they will not honor that price because it's a glitch. If it is sold out, they will more than likely not offer a discounted price.