Mark Preston & family shows on Allure

Mark Preston is on Allure right now. I looked at YouTube and it seems that he is JUST a singer/crooner, is that correct? I looked at the Entertainment Schedule from a February sailing that is identical to my itinerary in April and I'm really disappointed that they don't have more shows that are family friendly (or maybe I should say family entertaining since the singing of old songs is, I guess, family friendly). I hope they switch it up before April which is prime Spring Break time for families. The schedule I'm looking at doesn't have a family friendly comedy show either (no juggler/magician/comedian for families at all). Any hope that they'll switch it up between now and April?

I’ve heard several comedians on different ships use this as a punchline, that their acts cater to the parents because they’re the ones who paid.  One even went to say (to the younger crowd), “I don’t care about your music, it’s your parents who paid for this cruise.”

This may get some laughs from the audience but I believe it alienates the younger cruisers. It subliminally sends them the message that the cruise experience is not for them.

When I looked back at older Cruise Compasses for Allure, they had both a family comedy show one night (regular ship comedians just doing a "clean" show in the main theater) AND a special entertainer that was a sort of juggler/comedian that was family friendly. I was hoping for at least just one of those. My 12 year old son is not going to want to sit through Mamma Mia vs other stuff on the ship and we'll see if we can get him to either the ice or the aqua show (aqua might be possible...).

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2022 at 1:14 PM, jbrinkm said:

Mark Preston is on Allure right now. I looked at YouTube and it seems that he is JUST a singer/crooner, is that correct? I looked at the Entertainment Schedule from a February sailing that is identical to my itinerary in April and I'm really disappointed that they don't have more shows that are family friendly (or maybe I should say family entertaining since the singing of old songs is, I guess, family friendly). I hope they switch it up before April which is prime Spring Break time for families. The schedule I'm looking at doesn't have a family friendly comedy show either (no juggler/magician/comedian for families at all). Any hope that they'll switch it up between now and April?