Ship time vs. local time in Barbados (Voyager of the Seas)

Patchy

Hi everyone,  I’m sailing on Voyager of the Seas in January 2023 on a southern Caribbean itinerary that includes Barbados.   The itinerary says that we will dock in Barbados at 10:00, but all of the third party excursions that I’m looking at depart at 10:00.   Wondering (hoping) that ship time might be ahead of local time by an hour meaning that docking at 10:00 ship time is docking at 9:00 local time.   Does anyone know what the norm is for Barbados?  Or if there is no norm, what has been common in the past on Voyager?  

Also, I definitely understand that the docking time is not the same time as when we are cleared to disembark, so I’m mentally budgeting some time for that.   I just wish we could dock in Barbados earlier to give us some more options for third party excursions!   

I also know that my “safest” bet from a time perspective is to book an excursion through the ship, but it’s notably more expensive. 

Thanks in advance!  

Third party companies that offer excursions to cruise passengers are generally used to adjusting as needed.  You could certainly contact them and ask about their procedures but for a trip 10 months away, they probably won't give you a very specific answer.  Look at it this way though.  If the company offers an excursion at 10AM and books 15 people from your cruise ship, but the ship gets delayed and doesn't show up until 11AM, what do you think they would do?  Cancel and refund everyone?  Not likely.  If the ship still has to leave at the same time, they'll shorten the excursion in some way (and possibly refund a portion to compensate).  But the ship might also announce they are going to stay an extra hour so the excursion can run unchanged just an hour later.  The tour company (and its employees) only make money when they actually run their excursions!