Barefoot Beach Cabana Club

Michael A

I have only rented the over-the-water cabana so I don't have any feedback for you on the hilltop ones.  Sorry.

The upgraded buffet was a bit of a disappointment.  If it was, indeed, upgraded, I can't imagine what the upgrade was.  It was still burgers, dogs some tough ribs and maybe some jerk chicken and a few sides.  BBQ is BBQ.  Not much can really jazz that up too much.  I think I heard someone say once that there were shrimp skewers at the upgraded buffet, but if there were, I never saw 'em.

Quite honestly, I don't recall seeing our "attendant" more than a couple of times the entire day.  I think we got a couple of labadoozies and maybe a coke or something.  I really don't remember.  But we are pretty low maintenance guests and we didn't really need him that much.  My guess is....if you are planning to party hearty and want the drinks to flow, an up-front hefty gratuity would do the trick.

One thing that I was really disappointed with....on Coco Cay we got a bottle of sparkling wine (I won't pretend it was champagne.  I know the difference....) and we did not get that at Labadee but there were some bottles of water and I think a fruit tray or something waiting for us when we got there.

I will continue to get a cabana b/c I canNOT be out in the sun.  I need a good, reliable shade source in which to spend the day and the sofas and lounge chairs in the cabana are quite comfy. I guess I'm just not a real beach person.  As my father used to say, "If it weren't for the sun, the water and the sand, the beach would be ok".  Guess I got it, honest.

We did a hilltop cabana last year.  I'm not sure if it was 5, but it was higher up (the higher the digit, the higher on the hill it is).

Be aware that the stairs going up the hill are not level or a consistent height.  If you have anybody with mobility issues in your group, I would highly suggest against the hilltop cabanas.  Also, if you're carrying a lot of stuff (we have a toddler, so we have stuff), you will struggle getting up there.  The attendants will help you though. 

Definitely quiet up there, but we found it particularly hot even in December.  The fan didn't make much of a dent.  You can walk out to the front and see down to the water.  My dad got great shots of my husband and I swimming with our baby.

The food was ok.  They had lamb when we went.  Honestly, the WJ is better.  

We did a hilltop cabana last year.  I'm not sure if it was 5, but it was higher up (the higher the digit, the higher on the hill it is).

Be aware that the stairs going up the hill are not level or a consistent height.  If you have anybody with mobility issues in your group, I would highly suggest against the hilltop cabanas.  Also, if you're carrying a lot of stuff (we have a toddler, so we have stuff), you will struggle getting up there.  The attendants will help you though. 

Definitely quiet up there, but we found it particularly hot even in December.  The fan didn't make much of a dent.  You can walk out to the front and see down to the water.  My dad got great shots of my husband and I swimming with our baby.

The food was ok.  They had lamb when we went.  Honestly, the WJ is better.  

Thanks so much for the input!  It's just my husband and I with no mobility issues so we are good there. Also attached is a picture & a map of the Cabanas.  In the picture on the far right is the one I'm looking at...  Is this the one you were in?

cabanas.jpg

1553375_10201466911735989_1936166972_o1.