Literally Ddealing with Air2Sea is leaving in me in tears.

janetmojo

Ok so back in November I booked Premium Select seats through Air2Sea on Delta.  The confirmation I got doesn't list the seats or anything, just the flight numbers etc.  Well Delta changed the aircraft on our international flight and the plane no longer had that section.  I was not offered any kind of change in price for the reduction in service.  Delta also changed flight times and I was going to miss my connection on the way home so I asked if I could just pick new flights that have the Premium Select as I had originally reserved.  Air2Sea continues to insist that Comfort Plus and Premium Select are the same thing (they are not, not by a long shot.)  Delta keeps rebooking me on Comfort Plus and I reserved Premium Select for a very specific reason.  It is my husband's first overnight flight and I'm trying to make it as enjoyable as an overnight flight can be.  I have dealt with multiple people at Air2Sea, many phone calls, all hold times of hours.  I have recently spent 6 more hours on the phone with them and still have Comfort Plus seats.  Is there any way to speak with someone who can actually help me?  I have "ticket numbers" for the problems but they will never let me speak to a supervisor and today I got rebooked tickets again not in Premium Select on one of the legs.  (Even though there are Premium Select seats on the plane.)  Delta claims I "lost" my premium select seats bc I didn't pay for the tickets but on Air2 Sea you don't have to pay until 90 days out. 

I realize that in the future I am NEVER booking with Air2Sea but I was trying to protect my money on a Europe sailing that I wasn't even sure was going to happen.  I've lost too much sleep over this.

My recommendations.
To not be on hold so long, try calling in later evening (after 7pm)
Can Delta upgrade your seats?  What if you paid now for your seats through Air2Sea-would you still be able to get a refund if you cancelled before 90 days out (when their final payment is due and the cancellation penalty comes into play)

Did you price it out if you booked with Delta directly? (be sure to add in the refundable seats)-it might be less of a headache. Be sure to understand their cancellation/credit policy.
I see on Delta you can book one category going over and a different category coming back home (which Air2Seas does not offer)
Perhaps you can find a way to get what you want through Delta, though if you want it covered as refundable you will have to call them to see if they can do it-because if you mix cabin levels on Delta n the website it does not offer the option to make it refundable.

If  you log into your Delta reservation are you able to upgrade the seat yourself?  I know I was able to pick seats on Delta (Celebrity flights had not given me seats)-but I since cancelled my Delta flight.

I have been working with Flights by Celebrity for a cruise in the summer.  (they are the exact same staff that does Air2Sea).  
I found you really need to know what you are doing when dealing with them.  For instance, I had booked a return flight from Venice, with a layover in Paris before heading to NY and the layover was only 1 hour.  When I googled how long it takes to get through passport control in Paris I was seeing it could be well over TWO HOURS, so layovers should be at least 3 hours.  When I called Flights by Celebrity to adjust my flights the first guy was very nice, and he acknowledged it could be a problem and further stated: " If you miss your flight because of a plane delay, we will cover your next flight cost but if you miss your flight because you cannot get through passport control in time, the cost becomes yours".  He then gave me some pricing for new flights and I told him I would call back to select new flights.  When I called back I got someone less knowledgeable on the phone and he said "it's no problem having only 1 hour to get from flight to flight"  he then explained it would be covered if I missed the flight----and when I pressed him he admitted if I missed the flight because I could not get through passport control the cost would be on me.,  Sorry to be so long winded but we all need to help each other out and if this helps one person, I'm glad.

I'm sorry this is so stressful, some of these people barely understand English, which makes this even more difficult.  Do you have a travel agent? I wonder if they  can get better results than you can?

Another side note, I found I can do "mock bookings" for my celebrity cruise and see the flight intineraries and pricing....so I can see what flights are offered price wise.  The one nice guy told me to keep checking pricing because they might fall in price (lol-doubtful they've only been going up), but you might want to check anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

First...We've done several cruises now where we booked flights through Celebrity Air...and, for our upcoming Summer trip, we've booked the air partially through RCCL Air2Sea and partially through Celebrity Air...and, YES, they are the same people.

There are many good things about doing it through Celebrity/RCCL.  First, you don't have to pay until final cruise payment date...and that is a BIG plus--especially in these days when cruises get canceled and plans need to change constantly.  Also, if you find a better deal, it's easy to cancel/rebook or book elsewhere.  Also, we've often found great deals this way--including the cruise lines running offers and discounting the fares--like our $500 pp LAX-Athens round trip last July/August.

OTOH, it can be VERY frustrating at times...But, dealing with the airlines nowadays, no matter how you booked, can also be frustrating.

This past summer, for our LAX to Athens flight, the airline changed our 8:30 am LAX departure to 6:00 am!  Do you know what it takes to fly out of LAX at 6:00 am?  For us, we had to catch an Uber at 2:30 am!!!  Of course, NOT Air2Sea's fault...that is ALL on the airline.  It wouldn't have mattered how we booked

For our return from Athens, we were on Air Canada...so we had to pay an extra $132 for seat assignments in coach...Guess what? When we got to Athens Airport, we found that Air Canada somehow lost our assigned seats (even though I had a confirmation email AND could show them the charge on my Visa card.  We ended up in bad seats in the back of the plane in different rows.  AGAIN, that's the airline, NOT Air2Sea.  After a LOT of back and forth with Air Canada, six weeks later, I finally got my $132 refunded and, "as a courtesy", a $250 Air Canada credit.

Fast forward to this coming August's trip.  Our air is complicated.  We are on TWO cruises--August 5 Vision of the Seas out of Barcelona, 8 nights round trip...and August 19 Celebrity Summit, 12 nights Reykjavik Iceland to Boston.  Air2Sea/Celebrity Air WON'T let you book a three-legged air booking.  So, we booked LAX-BCN and BCN-Reykjavik attached to our Vision cruise...and Boston to LAX attached to our Summit cruise.  And we booked the LAX to BCN on Air Canada.  We figured we might be able to use that $250 credit.  NO.  Can't use it if we book on Air2Sea.  Thought we might use it to just reserve seats.  Again, no.  Since Air2Sea doesn't ticket until we pay, we can't even reserve seats.  Then Air Canada changed our flight time from 8:20 am to 7:00 am.  We ended up switching to flights on American Airlines.  We can reserve seats.  Don't have to deal with Canadian rules flying via Montreal.  Again, AIRLINE ISSUES.   Air2Sea was very good in changing it.

For our original BCN-KEF leg, we got a notice that our flight had been canceled...and they'd get back to us within 30 days since the cruise was over 90 days away.  Air2Sea didn't.  I emailed Royal Caribbean.  They got back to me and changed our flight to what turned out to be better times...and at no additional cost.  Again, the Air2Sea person I dealt with was wonderful.

Our Boston-LAX leg...again, the airline changed our flight to 6:00 am out of Boston.  I am NOT checking into a hotel in order to need to get to the airport to check in at 4:00 am!  I WAS able to call Celebrity Air and get it changed to another flight--good.  But they charged me the current fare which raised our price by $30 pp--bad.

Then, we checked American Airlines and found our LAX-BCN reservation was CANCELED!  I called Air2Sea...Apparently it had to do with the screwy situation where Air2Sea doesn't actually ticket until payment.  They said they would reinstate...but it would take 72 hours...I have about 36 hours still to go...fingers crossed.

Bottom line:  Some good, some bad...always an adventure...