Reccommend a hypoallergenic bathroom spray?

pheenix99

My fiance & I are planning on taking our first cruise sometime in the next year or so. I've been watching videos to get an idea of what to pack, expect and what not. But there's one thing I'm having trouble sorting out: Bathroom spray. I'm trying to find something that is hypoallergenic but I'm not sure what product to pick. Can anyone reccomend anything specific?

Also, if I request no fragrances/air freshener type products be used in our stateroom, is that a request that I can expect the cruise line to happily comply with?

Backstory: I've had allergic reactions to several household products such as air fresheners, some soaps/body washes, detergents, etc) ranging from sneezing uncontrollably for hours on end to severe skin reactions. As a result, I almost have a phobia when it comes to frangrances. 

I don't recall any sort of air freshener or scent ever being used by the cruise line, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. You should probably ask about the detergents used on the sheets and towels too. I would start with special_needs@rccl.com

As far as what you should use, I would bring a product that you know works for you, or skip just skip it all together so you know you are safe. You certainly don't need to bring everything on someone else's packing list of "extra stuff to take with you on a cruise."

2 hours ago, melmar02 said:

I don't recall any sort of air freshener or scent ever being used by the cruise line, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. You should probably ask about the detergents used on the sheets and towels too. I would start with special_needs@rccl.com

As far as what you should use, I would bring a product that you know works for you, or skip just skip it all together so you know you are safe. You certainly don't need to bring everything on someone else's packing list of "extra stuff to take with you on a cruise."

I wish I could cite the source of this (I forgot who said it), but "I would rather someone know I pooped than know what my poop smells like". 

The more I think about room fragrances, the less I'm concerned with it. I've never had any issue in a hotel.

Edited by pheenix99
Clarification

• 3 weeks later...