My Time Dining Odyssey?

MG728

If you choose "my time" dining do you still have an assigned table? We chose it for our family of 5 but this is our first RC cruise and our other cruise was NCL so dining times weren't really a thing. We are a family of 5 (3 kids- all vaccinated) but we are hoping to not have to share tables with others. Just wondering what to expect.

With my time dining you can, if you wish, book the same time for every night (you would do this in the cruise planner) and in that case you will almost certainly be assigned the same table for every night but you will not be seated with others like you would in traditional dining.

If you don't book for a set time each night you will be assigned to whatever table is available for your family at the time but again you will not be seated with others unless you specifically ask to be or are asked if you mind sharing a table, but in this latter case you are not obliged to if you don't want to.

My time booking in the cruise planner is in the dining section, usually right at the bottom beneath all of the specialty dining, like this:

image.thumb.png.06b4b2bce04aa72914ab104853ba5dcb.png

When you click on it, it should open up all the times that are available for booking.

If you don't see it, it's possible that you are NOT booked for my time dining but rather for one of the traditional seatings. You would normally find this information on your guest invoice or your travel agent can tell you, if you used one. 

However, if you have UDP, that's a whole different ball game. Never having booked it, I'm not sure if that would make my time dining disappear from your cruise planner but I would not have thought so.

With the UDP you would most likely eat in the specialty restaurants rather than the Main Dining Room, which is what the my time dining booking is for and with a package the times for specialty dining can only be booked on board. The strategy here is to work out what days you want to eat where and as soon as you board head to any of the specialty restaurants and they will make your bookings for the whole cruise. You may need to have some flexibility around actual times and days. For example, we wanted to book Giovanni's on one particular cruise for a day that wasn't available because they had an event, so we had to switch things around.

Note too, that having the UDP does not exclude you from the Main Dining Room as meals there are included in your cruise fare.

I hope this helps and I've not made it all sound too complicated.