Solo cruise (by technicality) first time cruiser

hiyaSwitch

I've booked 2 staterooms with 2 people each through a travel agent long ago for an  upcoming cruise. total of 4 people.  everything is  paid for. we just have to pay the drink packages and stuff online).

1 person from each room can't make it and It's now just my cousin and I for each room. I just read about the solo traveler expenses aboard and ready about phantom travellers.. do I get charged an added fee separately that if I take them off my paperwork? 

What is recommended for this first timer? Thank you! 

If 1 person from each reservation is a “no-show” (simply does not show up to board) taxes and port fees (and gratuities, if those have been prepaid) will be refunded but no new fees would be assessed.  Also, no portion of the cruise fare would be refunded.  

Not sure if you’re interested in bunking together.  If so, there are some ways to get an actual refund.  Won’t bother to get into that unless that information is of interest to you.

The one thing you probably do NOT want to do is cancel either of the no-shows ahead of time.