excursions

scgolfr

Yes as long as it's done onboard, not in advance (although some have reported their OBC showing up in there cruise Planner for use).

Basically, the charge for the excursion will go onto your onboard account and the onboard credit will be deducted from any balance you have at the end when it's charged to your credit card.

If you book an excursion onboard can you use shipboard credit to pay?

Not knowing how much OBC credit you recieved, this may be moot. However, remember that gratuities for a 7 nite cruise are in the $190 range. With this in mind I always prefer to book our excursions before the cruise just to insure we don't get closed out of the more popular ones. if you have considerably more OBC, then you have a wonderful dilemma :)

Hi All,

I was talking to my TA about how some people were able to use their OBC before boarding to pay for things, excursions, grats., etc. She said she had never heard of this and proceeded to call RCCL to find out why this was taking place.

Here is her answer: I spoke with RCCL.  You are referring to a pilot program that was available on only Oasis and Anthem and on only specific sailings.  ETA for general rollout is unknown.  I assume the folks commenting on the blog did not know it was a pilot program.

As of right now she said that there are still a few sailings on these ships offering this pilot program but only a few and when those are booked the program will go away until RCCL decides if they will roll it out.