Royal Caribbean welcomes 50 millionth guest; Kicks off year long celebration

Matt

That's pretty cool.  Did they make an announcement onboard? 

The cake celebration kind of fell by the way-side. They didn't announce it, or if they did, it wasn't widely publicized.

The cruise director DID announce the milestone itself at a few of the shows.

Part of the reason they may not have announced it? None of the room intercoms worked. They must've been disabled in the revitalization. It was a pain, for sure, to not be able to hear ANY announcement unless you stepped outside, or tuned your TV to Channel 40 (a channel which was otherwise silent when no announcement was being made).

Also, IMHO, this was one of the lower-quality cruise directors. Had it been someone else, I bet the 50 Millionth celebration would've gone a bit differently.

The cake celebration kind of fell by the way-side. They didn't announce it, or if they did, it wasn't widely publicized.

Part of the reason they may not have announced it? None of the room intercoms worked. They must've been disabled in the revitalization. It was a pain, for sure, to not be able to hear ANY announcement unless you stepped outside, or tuned your TV to Channel 40 (a channel which was otherwise silent when no announcement was being made).

Also, IMHO, this was one of the lower-quality cruise directors. Had it been someone else, I bet the 50 Millionth celebration would've gone a bit differently.

Sorry to hear that.  I don't feel that this will be a really big deal in the grand scheme of things but it's a milestone nonetheless.

Who was the cruise director?