Nassau - Is 9am too early for a shore excursion?

Vogt5059

So first time cruiser here looking for some advice regarding Nassau shore excursion timing.  Our ships itinerary says we will arrive in Nassau at 7AM and depart at 3:30PM.  I was looking at booking the Funky Nassau Jeep Adventure and it is at 9AM.  Is it reasonable to expect to be able to get off the ship in time to make the 9AM excursion?  Are people actually allowed to start getting off the ship at 7AM?

1 hour ago, Vogt5059 said:

So first time cruiser here looking for some advice regarding Nassau shore excursion timing.  Our ships itinerary says we will arrive in Nassau at 7AM and depart at 3:30PM.  I was looking at booking the Funky Nassau Jeep Adventure and it is at 9AM.  Is it reasonable to expect to be able to get off the ship in time to make the 9AM excursion?  Are people actually allowed to start getting off the ship at 7AM?

Welcome to the cruise addiction.  I think you will love it.

The ship has to be cleared for disembarkation by the local port authorities so it will take a bit of time (just how long is anyone's guess....it is usually pretty quick) before anyone will be allowed to disembark the ship in Nassau.

However, if you are expecting a 7AM arrival then an excursion leaving at 9:30 should be no problem.  Even if the ship's clearance is significantly delayed for some bizarre reason, if you are booking an excursion through Royal Caribbean, they will adjust their schedule if necessary.  9:30 should be fine.  Just be prepared to get up and be able to leave the ship on time...all should be well.