What to do in St. Thomas

CruisingOz

Hello RCB Community. All being well we are due to go to St. Thomas for the first time in early February. I have read a little bit about St. Thomas and I am trying to pick between two Royal Caribbean shore excursions. Discover St. Thomas & Magen's Bay and St. Johns Thunk Bay Beach & Snorkel.  Being our first time there, we think the first one will give us a nice overview of the city, mountain and beach, but St.Johns sound awesome. We do enjoy snorkelling and the water.  

Wondering if anyone has feedback on these excursions or can suggest a alternative tour. We have never done a tour not connected with Royal and so open to suggestions. 

Thank you in advance

I have not been on those particular excursions but I will say that I totally agree with your approach. Whenever we visit a new port of call, I try and do a “Discover” type of excursion so that I get an overview of the area and then when I return, I will have some idea of what specific activities or locations I want to visit.