Cruise on Constellation out of Barcelona July 30 change of Port and staying pre/post cruise

Pattycruise

I'm thankful I have not yet booked airfare for my July 30 cruise out of Barcelona and it was to end at Venice but is now ending at Ravenna Italy.
Celebrity sent out an email and it is somewhat vague.  Ravenna is about 2 1/2 hours from the Venice airport.

This will pretty much be our first time to Europe. (I did a cruise a number of years ago out of Civetecchia (sp?) 
Hubby and I will  embark in Barcelona and disembark in Ravenna Italy.

Any recommendations as to how early to fly into Barcelona, somewhere to stay?
Recommendations in regards to Venice-I imagine we will avail ourselves of the cruise transfer to Venice airport and we can figure something out from there.

Any other recommendations in regards to this travel would be appreciated.

Thank you!

We enjoyed staying on the Rambla de Catalunya while in Barcelona.   Hotel Continental Palacete was the place we stayed.  Quaint boutique hotel operated by the Agoda group (agoda.com).   Many of their hotels offer breakfast, some operate a buffet that operates all day so you can eat a couple of meals there  (beer and wine is included).  They book up early, but they operate a handful of boutique hotels in downtown Barcelona.

That area is in the middle of everything.  We arrived a few days early just to explore the city (think 3 days early).   Great restaurants and city sites.  Lots of options to get around and easy to get to the port from that location (hop on/off bus, trains etc) .  In fact you could walk it if you're so inclined.   Cabs are very convenient too.

Interesting the Conni was banished from Venice also.  Thought that class of ship would be small enough to stay - guess not.   Look at Celebrity Air for your flights.