Labadee, San Juan, Philipsburg and Basseterre

cjappert

We will be stoping in Labadee, San Juan, Philipsburg and Basseterre. I`m looking for suggestions/info on the best excursions are to do there. Im not super adventurous, so looking more for beaches and that type of stuff. Do any of those ports have nice beaches close by that wouldnt require me to buy an actual excursion?

The only thing i want to do is go to the Maho beach in Philipsburg ( i just want to see the plane thing ) .. so im assuming just taking a taxi would be the best option here?

Also, does anyone know of any good private tours that might be available? Ive read about Leo Brown ( i would love to know more about him, he sounds great!)

Philipsburg, St. Maarten is right on a beach - you can walk or take the water taxi there for a couple of bucks.  There's always local people there to rent umbrellas, etc., from.  It's one of the easiest places to not take excursions if you don't want to.  Taxis are plentiful.

Labadee is owned by Royal Caribbean.  It's mainly beach time there!

While I've been to Basseterre, St, Kitts twice, we did the train excursion and then another sightseeing excursion, so I can't comment on the beaches.  I'll be there in November and my wife and I will be taking a catamaran to a beach there and then on neighboring Nevis, so look for a review from me sometime in early December.

Also, does anyone know of any good private tours that might be available? Ive read about Leo Brown ( i would love to know more about him, he sounds great!)

I've used Leo Brown on many trips and always use him. He is wonderful and a great deal. Here is a live blog I did which detailed one trip with him: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/30/freedom-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-five-st-martin

thanks Matt! so I just randomly call him? how much notice does he need? Do you know roughly how much he charges?

Also, do you have any recommendations on what we should do, we've never been to st-marteen!

Yup, just give him a call 1-2 months before your cruise.

There isn't really a rate.  Just tell him what you want to do and for how long (couple of hours, half a day, the whole day) and he can give you a quote. In general, I have found him to be very affordable and we use him for most of the day.

There is a ton to do in St Maarten. I recommend going to Marigot for breakfast, then Orient Beach, Lunch in Grand Case and see the planes at Maho Beach.  Leo can offer great recommendations along the way, along with picture stops.

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2016 at 3:57 PM, bcarney said:

While I've been to Basseterre, St, Kitts twice, we did the train excursion and then another sightseeing excursion, so I can't comment on the beaches.  I'll be there in November and my wife and I will be taking a catamaran to a beach there and then on neighboring Nevis, so look for a review from me sometime in early December.

FWIW I enjoyed the catamaran to Nevis so much we did it again in 2017. It was the catamaran "Fan-ta-Sea", offered through Royal Caribbean.