Buying drinks with a drinks package

dafwog

My wife and I are considering buying drinks packages - premium for her, the soda package for me (as I don't drink).

Having cruised before (though not with RCCL), I know that plenty of times one of us will head off to a bar to pick up drinks for both of us. If we pay as we go, there's no issue as I sign the chit and the drinks get charged to my cruise card. However if we have packages, can I go by myself, take both mine and my wife's cards and apply the drinks to our two packages? Or do we both have to go to the bar together?

As we have a toddler there are going to be plenty of times we want to have drinks on our balcony, and we're not going to buy a package and then pay again for room service. So if one of us can't pick up drinks for both then I guess we'll just be PAYG.

Just keep in mind you can only get one drink at a time for each card.

I love the idea of enjoying drinks on a balcony, but with the drink package set up...its really not practical at all..unless your room is very close to  a bar.

One of the reasons why I have not paid double or triple to have a balcony room and then not be able to enjoy a drink or cigar out there like you can when you travel to resorts in the Caribbean.