The Key & Covid

My Significant other and I have purchased “The Key” for our Symphony Sailing in October and we’re just wondering if there is any current knowledge on what changes will be made to the program? 

We’ve had the Key before for previous sailings and one of the things we enjoyed was dropping off our luggage at the main dining room right at the start of our cruise so we can walk around unencumbered. However that drop off period has a time deadline (I believe 1:30?). With the new Covid restriction of only being allowed on the ship at your designated boarding time, we can imagine a scenario where you get on board the ship past that deadline. I’m sure there are other differences too, like Key areas for entertainment and whatnot. 

I did some some searching and I cannot find any up-to-date information. Have there been any changes made to the program that have been announced?

Appreciate any information

Since the few sailings that have commenced so far have been reduced capacity, there has been no Key. Protocols will be slightly different in Oct so I would not expect to hear of any changes to the Key until maybe Aug after a few more revenue sailings have commenced.

No one really knows what the new boarding protocols will be like but I would guess that the luggage drop-off will still be one of the Key perks.  What might change is the Chops lunch on embarkation day since boarding, presumably, will be later than it used to be.  Perhaps they will allow you to use your embarkation lunch some other day of the cruise.  That would be very nice, I think.