UK Cruises in the Fall

MLH

I am scheduled for Anthem of the Seas in October.  Final payment is coming up and I also have Air to Sea booked.

Are current sailings only for UK guests? 

If they cancel and I do a lift/shift will Air to Seas be refunded since I booked through them?

I have Delta booked and they offer the airline credit if I cancel, but its a large chunk and am curious if Royal cancels I get a refund versus a credit.

2 hours ago, MLH said:

Are current sailings only for UK guests? 

Yes, plus > 18 and fully vaccinated.

2 hours ago, MLH said:

I am scheduled for Anthem of the Seas in October.

My crystal ball says, "you'll be fine." Barring a major setback in the UK's vaccination program or unexpected new COVID surges, I don't see any reason the UK won't be fully open by October to US citizens.

2 hours ago, MLH said:

If they cancel and I do a lift/shift will Air to Seas be refunded since I booked through them?

Yes ........ this is the advantage to booking air thorough RCL. At this point in time, if I'm traveling by air to go on a cruise, I'll book through the cruise lines air department. Occasionally airfares are lower due to incentives paid by the cruise line to the carrier. Not always though - you may be able to find lower fares but without and guarantees that you'll ever see your money again in any form if your flights get cancelled. You mentioned your booked flights are with Delta and they offer a credit. You won' tneed that protection becasue booking though the air department guarantees you'll get dollars not credits back.  It actually works. I've had two full refunds due to shi cancellations - one I got in 2 weeks the other a little longer than that. 

The questions you're asking coming up to final payment involving should I pay or not, come up a lot. Given your guarantees for air and cruise fares, I'd recommend you pay and see what happens. I can say with some certainty that if you Lift & shift your cruise to 2022 you'll be saving money. Bookings are going to be tight though 2023 at least. Demand is huge and lots of people have already moved cruises from 2020/21 to to 20222/23 with L&S. If you take the refund and rebook at a later date you'll likely be shocked at what you'll have to pay compared to what you did pay.  

Thanks, this was a lift and shift from the Presidents Cruise in 2021.   Based on the price of the room today and when I shifted last year and was price protected is absurd.  I will l/s again if it is cancelled for sure.  Makes it easier to pay final payment in this situation.  I have been very fortunate not to have much in airline credit or Fcc's to use.