Bacab Eco Park

Mrsbeaker1127

• 2 months later...

My wife and I took our kids on their first cruise this last February and decided to do the Bacab Eco Park. We didn't want to have an excursion that included long travel times like the tubing adventures. Our kids were 6 & 9 at the time and they loved it. The park had options to do horseback riding and other activities and that was one of the reasons we picked it. I thought if swimming wasn't enough we could do more of an adventure. To my surprise they didn't want to leave the pool area. The rock water slide was the key feature. It was fun for both kids and us adults. My youngest is not a good swimmer so I had to be there to catch him each time but it wasn't a big deal. And since this was their first cruise (and visit to another country), they also enjoyed the uniqueness of Belize that could be seen going to this park. Iguanas were abundant as our squirrels here. They ended up naming a few of them since the iguanas just lay around and my kids would constantly be passing the same ones going back to the rock slide. The tour given by the bus crew was also very entertaining for the kids too (not so much on the ride back because they fell asleep from all the swimming). The one thing my kids were not a fan of was the free lunch. That's because they are used to the boring kid choices in the States and didn't like the authentic Belize food. It tasted good but it looked nothing like chicken tenders and fries :)

Sorry for the long description. My wife and I are stopping by Belize on our next cruise which will not have our kids along so I was looking for grownup Belize excursion suggestions when I came across your post and thought I'd share. 

Here is my video of our cruise which has Bacab Eco Park in it for you to see: https://youtu.be/uf9BIctnkJA

My wife and I took our kids on their first cruise this last February and decided to do the Bacab Eco Park.

Here is my video of our cruise which has Bacab Eco Park in it for you to see: https://youtu.be/uf9BIctnkJA

Thanks for the video and review!  I've copied this to my folder for my next visit to Belize, looks like fun!

• 3 weeks later...