A new Normal? New to me...

deep1

I decided to go with the flow with Mariners cancellations and do a shift to an earlier date. It meant leaving one of our kids at home and that will be taken care of with yet another booking that he can bring a friend along. 

Now here's is where it gets uncomfortable for me. When I called the phone rep couldn't do anything. He referred me back to the cancellation email and some  copy and paste address I had too put in my browser. I had to fill out all the forms using the old reservation numbers and specifics about which option I was taking. In every other cancellation or lift and shift I have ever done with them they  did that for me. Seemed odd that we have to do all that now. No receipt email came back and they said it can be days. In the past I have had something hard in writing right back. No confirmation of anything: No OBC confirm? No new cabin numbers?  No mention of refund as this was less expensive than one they cancelled? No mention of other refund as I was not afforded ability to pick cabin which I paid extra for. Nothing? They said it could take several days or weeks. That brings up memories of 90+ days on my 45 day refunds...

I have always had emailed confirmations while still on the phone. Is this new? I know I havn't had it before? Something to be nervous about?  Just relax? I have always been one to enjoy "Knowing"...  For them its no big deal changing dates. For us it can be complicated. In my case it involves booking yet another cruise to keep the kids even. I don't mind that Makes it fair for the kids, makes RCCL a little jingle, makes it easier on every one, then to just get brushed off ? Anyone else? 

6 hours ago, Craig 01020 said:

If you call Royal @ 866-562-7625 and follow the prompts to the automated system, it can send you a confirmation via e-mail.

Thats who I called (now 3 times)  and they said they couldn't send one. I don't want them to say "you never filled in the form" and shove me on the date they planned to which is no good for me.  They sent me no confirmation emails on a cancelled cruise a few months ago and it was a nightmare. 

Couple calls in to them and they "can't" produce any confirmation, receipt, nothing still?  When this happened (no receipts) last year on two cancelled cruises it complicated things really badly. One trip that cancelled in March I immediately requested refund. In late may They told me that I didn't request til  Mid May??? BS!!!!! Without proof it was tough to set it right. They also play ugly games with a second cancellation saying no payment had been made. I had to get hard copies of bank records to back that up and our other conversations I had to screen shoot social media messages with dates. I have visions of them not receipting then saying I didn't "request" by expiration date.  Posting running commentary here and elsewhere is a little cushion if they try to play games again.