Harmony - Which Deck For Balcony Cabin?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to book the Harmony Group Cruise (YAY!) and have been in touch with MEI. I haven't been on Oasis class and haven't done much research on them so wanted your thoughts on which deck would be best for a balcony cabin because I can't decide.  

We have a choice of deck 6 thru 12. We usually take the stairs, so like to be centrally located deck-wise. I love taking pictures off the balcony so don't want to be too high and have to rely on my zoom lens. I think I've narrowed it down to deck 8-10. - Any pros/cons? 

Thanks!

Sue, I assume you mean you want an ocean view balcony ?  There are 3 types of balcony rooms on an O class ship (without including suites)...but only 1 that actually faces the ocean (many categories of ocean view balconies though).

It also depends on how much money you want to spend.  The D1 balconies on the Bump-Out are the best, IMO if you're going for ocean view rooms - they have a slightly deeper balcony (at least, they do no O and A.  I haven't seen them yet on the H).  As for the deck itself, it is really entirely unimportant (IMO) which deck you choose.  The only deck that you might want to eliminate would be Deck 14 (directly beneath the pools and WJ) but you said you were only interested in 8 - 10 so that's not an issue !

I usually go as high as I can afford...so that would presumably be Deck 10 for you.  To me there is really no BAD choice with ocean view balcony rooms.  Those that are very far forward or very far aft will be the least expensive (for obvious reasons).  Those more amidships will be a little more expensive but will have less movement, if that's important to you.

I think you will love the O class.  SOOOO much to do.

Sue, I assume you mean you want an ocean view balcony ?  There are 3 types of balcony rooms on an O class ship (without including suites)...but only 1 that actually faces the ocean (many categories of ocean view balconies though).

It also depends on how much money you want to spend.  The D1 balconies on the Bump-Out are the best, IMO if you're going for ocean view rooms - they have a slightly deeper balcony (at least, they do no O and A.  I haven't seen them yet on the H).  As for the deck itself, it is really entirely unimportant (IMO) which deck you choose.  The only deck that you might want to eliminate would be Deck 14 (directly beneath the pools and WJ) but you said you were only interested in 8 - 10 so that's not an issue !

I usually go as high as I can afford...so that would presumably be Deck 10 for you.  To me there is really no BAD choice with ocean view balcony rooms.  Those that are very far forward or very far aft will be the least expensive (for obvious reasons).  Those more amidships will be a little more expensive but will have less movement, if that's important to you.

I think you will love the O class.  SOOOO much to do.

Oops, yes I meant an ocean view balcony. We have always been in the hump balcony cabins on past cruises, so would prefer one of those. I was also just looking at deck plans and availability for Junior Suites since I noticed some of those on the hump too.

I grew up on boats and as far as I'm concerned the more I feel the ocean the better, but my DH would not agree with me at all so that is another reason we like the hump cabins, since they are more towards mid-ship. Bonus points for my feet loving the proximity to the stairs, lol. Thanks so much for your reply, it helps me make up my ever- indecisive mind!

Now waiting for a return call from MEI so I can book a cabin on deck 10 (or 9 if a better location)  :)