Whats Wrong With This Picture

rcdave

So, RC posted new temporary (not sure if these will be in place after the CDC 100 day ban) regulations describing eligibility to cruise with them. Under the section listed as “Regardless of nationality, boarding will be denied to” they list the following:

·         Any person who has traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe (See list of restricted European countries below), Iran, or South Korea 15 days prior to embarkation.

·         Any person who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe (See list of restricted European countries below), Iran, or South Korea. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.

·         Any person who within 15 days prior to embarkation, has had contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who are currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19.

·         For Caribbean Itineraries Only: The above parameters will also include Japan, Singapore and Taiwan, along with travel or contact occurring 21 days prior to embarkation.

Note, the European list is quite long.

I have two thoughts:

1.       The country that has the most confirmed cases of Covid-19 is the United States.

2.       Since folks with Covid-19 may not show any symptoms, how do I know if I have been within 2 meters of someone who has it?

So, I can fly from New York, which has more Covid-19 cases than any country in the world (assuming China is truthful with its data), I can board the ship if I do not fall under one of the categories listed above,  life is great.

It seems to me RC should list the United States  on the “15 day prior travel”  restricted list.