Limo Service in Vancouver BC?

So here's the back story....We are taking an Alaska cruise in August.  I recently added my inlaws to the reservation so our quartet has become a party of 6.
My previous plan was to just grab a taxi at the airport when we get there.  That was with 4 people (2 adults, 2 kids) - 4 large bags and 2 backpacks. 

Now that we are six, taxi is a bit more of a pain and not that straight forward since we would have 4 adults, 2 kids, 6-7 large bags and 4 or so small bags.

So I figure I would just order up a limo to meet us when we arrive and then take us back to the airport a week later.  Call up a company and request an SUV stretch and their first response was: "We don't use SUV limos for airport transfers as they don't have any trunk space. We can get you a passenger van"

To which I responded "I've used SUV limo for 4 before just fine and we fit, plus anything that we can't get behind seat we can just put in with us" to which I got a response: "We are not allowed to put anything inside the vehicle. Secondly, cruise terminal does not allow stretch limos inside. So even if you book it we will dropoff on street level."

Can anyone familiar with Vancouver tell me if I just getting fed a line here?  What does it mean drop off on street level versus "inside terminal".....did I just pick a poor choice company to start my conversation and am getting fed a story?

Vancouver does have a weird system where they funnel vehicles inside the terminal..I know it was quite the orderly system for the taxis.  The taxis dropped off and then got routed to the pickup lines.  I didn't see any personal drop off or private passenger shuttles dropping off in that area, so there may be some truth in what he is telling you.