Winter Break 2020 - Any Tips

FrostyMom

Hi - we just booked the 7 day cruise out of Puerto Rico leaving 12-20-2020, Freedom of the Seas.  Traveling will be myself, my husband and our 2 kids who will be 14 and 12 at the time.  Any tips, tricks or thing recommend we do (or avoid) for this trip.  We plan to fly down the day before and add a few days after so anything for Puerto Rico would also be great to hear.

We have not cruised Royal Caribbean in 15 years and took the kids on a Disney cruise years ago (when they were 4 and 6) so this will all be pretty new to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

4 hours ago, FrostyMom said:

Hi - we just booked the 7 day cruise out of Puerto Rico leaving 12-20-2020, Freedom of the Seas.  Traveling will be myself, my husband and our 2 kids who will be 14 and 12 at the time.  Any tips, tricks or thing recommend we do (or avoid) for this trip.  We plan to fly down the day before and add a few days after so anything for Puerto Rico would also be great to hear.

We have not cruised Royal Caribbean in 15 years and took the kids on a Disney cruise years ago (when they were 4 and 6) so this will all be pretty new to them.

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

I am not sure how the earthquake recovery is going in Puerto Rico, but we have enjoyed checking out the fort in San Juan, walking through the shopping area, and trying local food.

As a teen, my son enjoyed Royal's teen groups on the ship.  I'd recommend you have a plan for communicating with each other on the shop -- like notes in the room, designated meeting times for meals, etc.

Getting familiar with the ship is easy to do on line -- check out the deck plans.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/freedom-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1860/02

When you settle on excursions for any destinations, remember to book online in advance to get a better price.

Have a great cruise!