Taste of Independence - Tour?

panda123

Does anyone have more information about the "Taste of Independence"? I noticed this as a new addition to the "Foodies" section on the 2 newest cruise compasses for the Independence of the Seas. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and is it similar to the sip, tour, brunch or possibly a slimmed down version of the all access tour.

17 hours ago, panda123 said:

Does anyone have more information about the "Taste of Independence"? I noticed this as a new addition to the "Foodies" section on the 2 newest cruise compasses for the Independence of the Seas. I was wondering if anyone had done this, and is it similar to the sip, tour, brunch or possibly a slimmed down version of the all access tour.

I'm pretty sure it's a sit down dinner with a tasting menu of items from various specialty restaurants across the cruise line -- even if your particular ship doesn't have that restaurant (ie, a choice from CP150 or  Sabor might be available, even if your ship doesn't have that restaurant).

We did this on Oasis back in October 2019, it was probably the best meal I have had in awhile! It was offered for lunch only and only on a sea day! The menu includes something from the specialty restaurants onboard. Our appetizer was from Izumi’s and was absolutely delicious sushi roll! One of the people in our party thought she didn’t like sushi, but being a good sport, tried it! She said it was the best thing she had eaten and was savoring it! Our salad was from Chops and was the goat cheese salad, very good! Our entrees were from CP 150, which is where the lunch was held, it was two entrees offered. The first was a lamb Wellington, omg, it was delicious! The second was lobster Thermidor, again very, very good! Dessert was the chocolate world from Wonderland, if you have had it, it is delicious! All in all, it was a fantastic meal, the servers were awesome and the food was fantastic! The only problem was we didn’t want dinner because we were so full from lunch! I would definitely do this again!