Maya Key or Mayan Princess???

Allen Agor

I am debating on going to Maya Key or Mayan Princess in Roatan.  Anyone done one or both of these?

My initial thought is to do Maya Key because it would be fun to take a quick boat vice a bus, some history (even if it is replica) and the monkeys. Maya Princess has a great review on the blog so not sure.

I reserved Mayan Princess during one of the sales making it slightly cheaper than Maya Key but very comparable so price is not an issue in the decision. 

Thoughts?  Thanks!!!

10 hours ago, Allen Agor said:

I am debating on going to Maya Key or Mayan Princess in Roatan.  Anyone done one or both of these?

My initial thought is to do Maya Key because it would be fun to take a quick boat vice a bus, some history (even if it is replica) and the monkeys. Maya Princess has a great review on the blog so not sure.

I reserved Mayan Princess during one of the sales making it slightly cheaper than Maya Key but very comparable so price is not an issue in the decision. 

Thoughts?  Thanks!!!

Our family (2 adults + 2 kids - 14 yrs and 8 yrs) went to Mayan Princess in Roatan last year during spring break on Symphony of the Seas and it was a nice experience. It was a 20 minute bus ride to the resort. We had beach chairs + umbrella, unlimited drinks from the bar (limited bar menu, which was 3 beer choices, about 10 mixed drinks, and soda). Lunch was ok, nothing special,: hamburgers and hotdogs for the kids, chicken w/ rice and beans for the adults and a salsa bar + chips. We were there for about 4 hrs. The beach was very clean,  great for swimming and the sand was very soft (no rocks) for the kids. It was also nice to walk along the shoreline. Would recommend the excursion, which we purchased through RC.

17 hours ago, Allen Agor said:

Thoughts?  Thanks!!!

We liked Maya Key.  Remember that the snorkel tours are guided because there is a narrow path through the coral near the pier.  So for a full day of adventure, you will want to take two tours out rather than just one.  Plan on tipping the guide.  We enjoyed the buffet, the pool, the lockers, the gift shop, the "zoo", and just walking around the key.  It wasn't too crowed for us when we visited in September.