Royal Up - Anthem of the Seas - Help Needed

JohnC71

Finally got my Royal Up email for my room, currently in an Owners Suite - 1 Bedroom 

My main question is what room do you guys consider Upper Loft?  I searched future cruises and I show two "Loft" suites that are marked as Star Class - Owners Loft Suite and Grand Loft Suite.  Not sure which one this Upper Loft is referring to, or if it could be either one?  Just trying to decide if I want to bid on it what room it would be.

image.thumb.png.2b3ae18303af723d627496cb55c72f10.png

How confusing they make this when it's so easy to get the information correct !!!

I am assuming (since they are showing the "Upper Loft" as Star Class) that they are referring to either the Owner's or Grand Loft Suites.  Personally, I would be very leery of bidding on this category b/c, IMO, there are only 2 suites that really deserve to be Star Class and those are 8324 and 8724 (and 8320, of course).  IMO, 8720 and anything on deck 10 should NOT be classified as Star Class.  They claim that all of the OLS and GLS have the same square footage but take it from someone who knows....they do NOT.

I guess if you managed to get them very inexpensively the others might be ok...after all, they are SC, but personally, I would not be happy if I made a fairly high bid and got one of those tiny loft suites.  

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

How confusing they make this when it's so easy to get the information correct !!!

I am assuming (since they are showing the "Upper Loft" as Star Class) that they are referring to either the Owner's or Grand Loft Suites.  Personally, I would be very leery of bidding on this category b/c, IMO, there are only 2 suites that really deserve to be Star Class and those are 8324 and 8724 (and 8320, of course).  IMO, 8720 and anything on deck 10 should NOT be classified as Star Class.  They claim that all of the OLS and GLS have the same square footage but take it from someone who knows....they do NOT.

I guess if you managed to get them very inexpensively the others might be ok...after all, they are SC, but personally, I would not be happy if I made a fairly high bid and got one of those tiny loft suites.  

My initial thought was to only bid on the Royal Loft suite, but considering I would get refunds for my prior purchased Unlimited Dining Package, Adult Beverage Packages and Kids Beverage packages, Star Class in those other rooms might make sense, like you said, if I could get it for a low enough number.

Just now, JohnC71 said:

My initial thought was to only bid on the Royal Loft suite, but considering I would get refunds for my prior purchased Unlimited Dining Package, Adult Beverage Packages and Kids Beverage packages, Star Class in those other rooms might make sense, like you said, if I could get it for a low enough number.

Who knows ?  You might get lucky and get one of the really nice ones.  8324 and 8724 are spectacular.  I haven't been in the RLS but I'm sure it's really nice, too.

I agree with you.  Getting a refund on the drinks and dining packages would represent a great deal of savings. If you managed to get a SC suite for a very low bid, you'd be getting a great deal even if you didn't get a great suite.

Is it safe to assume all the Royal Loft Suites are the same size?

Minimum bid will put the room north of $10k for the week, 2 adults 2 kids, when we booked it was Kids Sail Free, so not sure how to gauge how good of a deal it really is, as I am looking at future cruises and cant seem to find any Royal Loft Suites on Anthem available.

No, the RLS are not the same size on the Q class and the O class ships but they are reasonably close.  According to the website, the RLS on Oasis is 1524 sqft with a 843 sqft balcony.  The RLS on Anthem is supposedly 1640 sqft with the main balcony being 425 sqft.  Of course, a ship of either class only has 1 RLS on it.

A $10K price tag for SC on Anthem would be a great price for the RLS but only a mediocre deal for any of the other SC suites.  E.g., there is a GLS (one of the good ones) for the March 1-8 cruise.  The all-in price for that one would be $9534.82.

If you want to look at a RLS go to 23 Feb 2020.  There is a RLS on that one and it's showing a PP rate of $8095 so that is going to be WAAAY above $10K all-in.

I will say this....Anthem is a GREAT ship on which to be SC....especially with kids.  There are a LOT of activities for which a Genie is particularly helpful.  The kids can do bumper cars as many times as they want without waiting in line....you can go up in North Star any time you want, there are lots of shows to see (more for the adults than the kids on that one !).  The O ships are great too...but honestly, I think that if I had children in the 8-12 year range, I would prefer to take them on an Anthem cruise with a Genie if I had my choice - especially if I could get 8324, 8724 or 8320.

I hope you are able to upgrade and that you have a wonderful time.  You can hardly lose with SC !!