Minors disembark at Cococay

Written in their guest conduct policy states Parents or guardians must not permit any guest in their care under age 18 from leaving a ship in any port without responsible adult supervision. That being said,  You could desembark, and see how it goes, but maintain some way to communicate, and be prepared to return to the ship.

Sounds good, thank you!  I knew that was the case in other ports but wasn't sure if Cococay was an exception, especially since 15+ can use the thrill waterpark without adult supervision.  It will be 1 16 year old, the rest will be 17.  If anyone has firsthand experience with this let me know, otherwise we'll probably just hang out close to the ship until they're off.

22 minutes ago, ultimatefans said:

Sounds good, thank you!  I knew that was the case in other ports but wasn't sure if Cococay was an exception, especially since 15+ can use the thrill waterpark without adult supervision.  It will be 1 16 year old, the rest will be 17.  If anyone has firsthand experience with this let me know, otherwise we'll probably just hang out close to the ship until they're off.

Not at CocoCay but I did see a hold up at a port stop where they were making sure that an under-18er had a guardian when she tried to ding off the ship.  There were a couple of families that were all together and they didn't speak English, so there was a hold up as they were sorting it out.  They don't check to make sure it's an official guardian, just that they have someone over the age of 18 that claims responsibility for them when they ding off the ship.

They don't require them to have guardians when to get back on the ship, but they won't be able to leave again without one.