Sandals day pass

crash1965

15 hours ago, crash1965 said:

Has anybody done a day pass for sandals in St Kitts, St Lucia or Barbados.  If so are they all inclusive alcohol food beach chair, and what are your thoughts was it worth it.

I have not done a day pass for Sandals but we have now done 2 day passes for other all-inclusives (once in Jamaica and once in Cozumel).  My verdict is that it is not worth the money for us.  In both cases the passes included unlimited drinks and food (lunch only, if memory serves) and of course, access to all the water features...pools, hot tubs, and land activities.

First of all, you just aren't there for that long and it seems that we aren't energetic enough to do much.  We just lounge around, drink a little, eat a little and take a couple of dips in the pool.  Guess what ?  You can do all of that on  the ship !  We gave them a fair shot.  It's us...not them.  If you are very energetic and want to run around and play volleyball and play drinking games and visit every corner of the property and eat in their mediocre mass service restaurants, then it may be worth the money.  We have found, after reasonable attempts, that we aren't doing anything at the resorts that we wouldn't be doing on the ship.  I have also come to the conclusion that the cabanas on the beach at Coco Cay and Labadee are also a waste of money for us.  We go there, get a drink, eat something and take a nap.  We can do that on the ship, too.  

Try it and see.  Some people love it and swear by it.  For us....nope.

I haven't done the day pass at Sandals from a cruise, but I have stayed at a Sandals resort.  The resorts are all-inclusive.  They do not take money at bars restaurants, etc. so I assume they would be included in your day pass.  Chairs at the resorts are first come first served, so they should be included as well.  Towels are in a dispensing area and unless they have changed the policy since 2016 or these particular resorts are set up differently, you just take towels and drop them off.  There is no scanning a card like Royal Caribbean does.

In short, I believe everything you ask about would be included in the pass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We did a day at Sandals in St Lucia but it was five years ago. My friend had always wanted to visit Sandals but the holidays from the UK are very expensive. We decided she could have a taster day and go back for more if she really liked it. We had a very nice day and she loved her surprise birthday treat.