Canary Island Cruise out of South Hampton

2 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Has anyone done this cruise and if so what are your thoughts.  Any and all information will be appreciated.    Thank you 

Yes, in 2015, the version that goes to Agadir.  It was 12 N then.   Now Morocco was a bust for many on the ship because of poor sanitation, excessive poverty, and long, hot bus rides.  But that is why we travel - to see how others live.  My teen son did get to sit near the dancing cobras after a "tea ceremony", so that was a thrill for him.  Our real highlights were Funchal (the pushcart down the hill), the beaches, and a lovely family-run vineyard/orchard (finca) (I believe Gran Canaria).  The ports in Spain were OK, but we found our tour guides a little too talkative.

The food is definitely UK-oriented, which is OK but different.  More meat pies and meat dishes, more curry, ham instead of bacon, etc.  The shows were OK but we didn't get all of the references to British celebrities.  We found eating with a few British couples was very helpful.   

What we would do differently: (1) take a direct flight on British Air, (2) do a pre-cruise excursion that covered the transfer to the port, and (3) carry off our luggage. 
Royal lost my wife's suitcase with all of our souvenirs and her good clothes.  We had trip insurance, but it was a hassle.

Overall, I recommend a visit to the Canaries - each island is distinctly different, and in Lanzarote, you can imagine you are on Mars or the Moon.