Book on Embarkation Day vs Cruise Planner Availability

Going on Allure in June and have been reading the forums quite a bit in the last few months.

I did make MTD, CK and specialty restaurant reservations but now trying to tweek the plan a little bit.

However, the Cruise Planner shows pretty  much no dining availability for each day of the week until 8pm + esp for MTD.  
Then I think about the forum talk and all the people who are making their dinner plans on embarkation day.

Question is do more reservations become available on day 1 or do all those people just know they will eat late?

I am having such a hard time with these two changes I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to get a dinner
time you wanted if you wait until embarkation day.  Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

27 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You were able to make CK reservations online??

Yes, it was one of the options in the cruise planner -- but from the Forums I also expected to book those on embarkation day too.

Once I saw all the dining reservations available so early, it was mid January-ish, I jumped on it and made on-line for 5 out of the 7 nights.

5 minutes ago, VTHappyGirl said:

Yes, it was one of the options in the cruise planner -- but from the Forums I also expected to book those on embarkation day too.

Once I saw all the dining reservations available so early, it was mid January-ish, I jumped on it and made on-line for 5 out of the 7 nights.

You are one of the more fortunate ones then.  In the last year or so, even those with CK showing on the cruise planner, it still does not allow you to reserve.