Online check-in with GTY stateroom

I just returned from a 5-night sailing on Indy that will bump me from Platinum to Emerald.  The status level has not updated yet in my Crown & Anchor profile, and probably won't for another week or so, per normal.  

Now, apparently because I can't help myself ?, I just booked a 4-nighter on Brilliance that leaves in 1 month.  I'm in an inside guarantee (GTY).  The docs have been issued and it says I can check in now, even though the stateroom hasn't been assigned yet.  

I realize I paid for the inside GTY (and I'm fine if that's what I end up in) but, in the wisdom of the board, is there any benefit to checking in NOW, or should I wait until the Emerald status posts?  If they assign the cabin tomorrow, this is all moot, buuut, in theory having a higher status when the rooms are assigned should only help the chances of an upgrade, right?  

I think I'm just gonna sleep on this until the status updates on its own, but wanted to bounce it off the gurus here first.  

Congratulations on earning Emerald!

Regrettably C&A status yields no change in upgrade opportunity unless you are a Pinnacle.  Even then with Royal UP now in play Pinnacle upgrades are also becoming fewer.   Once on Anthem I booked Ocean View GTY and ended up in a balcony but that is only because Anthem has a lot of balconies and fewer OV cabins.  That was also before Royal UP.   Now I suspect that balcony would be consumed by Royal UP freeing up an OV cabin to satisfy my GTY.  

Checking in now or later really makes no difference.  Once your account correctly reflects your Emerald status you should be able to print a new SetSail pass with Emerald on it.

Sometimes luggage tags have C&A status on them and in many cases they are wrong.  As a Diamond Plus I've had "Gold" on  my luggage tags.  It makes zero difference to luggage.

15 minutes ago, PurdueFlyer said:

I just returned from a 5-night sailing on Indy that will bump me from Platinum to Emerald.  The status level has not updated yet in my Crown & Anchor profile, and probably won't for another week or so, per normal.  

Now, apparently because I can't help myself ?, I just booked a 4-nighter on Brilliance that leaves in 1 month.  I'm in an inside guarantee (GTY).  The docs have been issued and it says I can check in now, even though the stateroom hasn't been assigned yet.  

I realize I paid for the inside GTY (and I'm fine if that's what I end up in) but, in the wisdom of the board, is there any benefit to checking in NOW, or should I wait until the Emerald status posts?  If they assign the cabin tomorrow, this is all moot, buuut, in theory having a higher status when the rooms are assigned should only help the chances of an upgrade, right?  

I think I'm just gonna sleep on this until the status updates on its own, but wanted to bounce it off the gurus here first.  

Actually, you can check on this site for RoyalUp to see if you are eligible to bid for an upgrade:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/cruise-room-upgrade

17 minutes ago, PurdueFlyer said:

no RoyalUp this time, cruising solo & on principle, I won't pay the single supplement and then pay a double RoyalUp charge as well.

Agreed but for those of us who book GTY the Royal UP program has all but eliminated the opportunity for a GTY upgrade.  Someone else may have bid to move up.  They'll gladly take their money and free up a cabin to satisfy our GTY booking in our cabin type.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Checking in now or later really makes no difference.  Once your account correctly reflects your Emerald status you should be able to print a new SetSail pass with Emerald on it.

Sometimes luggage tags have C&A status on them and in many cases they are wrong.  As a Diamond Plus I've had "Gold" on  my luggage tags.  It makes zero difference to luggage.

thanks.  also good point RE:  RoyalUp.  I didn't consider the cabin roll would help balance (potential) oversells for the lower-end rooms, so even if I'm not bidding for a better stateroom odds are that it'll resolve itself without them having to INVOL upgrade a bunch of people.  In either case, this trip is about checking out the new and improved Navigator (and of course Perfect Day at Coco Cay)!  I wont have time for lolly-gagging on a balcony anyways ?