Suggestions for Havana

new to RC

First, thank you to all who post on this site.  I have found the posts to be extremely helpful and most all of them are so polite and friendly.  We took our first RC cruise in September and it was wonderful, partly due to all of the tips I got here. 

We have a cruise booked for this August, going to Havana and Cozumel-Havana being the draw.  The Best of Havana excursion looks good, but 8 hours is a long time.  I would welcome any and all recommendations.  We are 2 active women in our 50s traveling with kids and their friends in their 20s.  Our interests are eclectic but certainly include history, but we are open to most anything.

We are willing to "do our own thing", go on an RC excursion or go with a private excursion company in Havana.  We will be there overnight.

Thanks in advance.  

We took a private tour for 2 people. We found the tour on this site Blexie. we were very pleased with our guide and driver. We recommended the tour to another couple and they too had an awesome time. Cuba is just great with the food, culture and history. Did I mentioned the food? My hubby still talks about the cuban sandwich. We live in Chicago, went to Humboldt Park just to get a cuban sandwich. The sandwich in Cuba won out hands down. we are thinking about going back next year.