Specialty Dining for Christmas Dinner

Christie

Hi everyone!

We are looking forward to our first RC cruise over the holidays.  We will be on the Oasis.  Looking for suggestions on which specialty dining location to book for our Christmas dinner.  Also, will my one year old be allowed into all of the specialty dining locations?  Thanks a bunch!  

Personally, I wouldn't book a specialty venue for Christmas as the MDR usually offers a very nice menu on holidays.  We did New Years Eve once on RCI and we were presented with a keepsake menu and it offered some higher end choices than one would normally see.

Regarding your 1 year old, I'm not aware of any restrictions, but I would recommend dining earlier rather than later as to not impose on other guests.  We've dine regularly with my son since he was 2 in specialty restaraunts without problems.  Once, however, mom and I needed to take turns with him outside of the restaraunt as he was being a bit fussy.  But once isn't so bad.

This may be helpful... I just noticed it on Royal Caribbean's FAQ page located here: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=3233

Q: Are children allowed to dine in our Specialty Restaurants?

A: Children younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult. Plus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for only $8, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.