Reserving shows on Indy

Hello all,

Am I right in thinking I won't be able to reserve seats for the main shows on our cruise later in the year on Indy? I've been reading posts on this site for months now and it seems that you can't prebook shows on certain ships?

I want to book some speciaility restaurants but I'm worried I book the dining for nights when the main shows will be on.  But I'm thinking I won't know when the shows are going to be on until I'm onboard, suggestions please all you experienced cruisers.

BTW This site is BRILLIANT. 

I completely understand your concern.  It is something that we all have to deal with when trying to coordinate dining and performances.

First of all, you are correct.  Indy does not permit reservations for their performances.

I recommend that you book your dining AROUND the shows rather than doing it the other way around.  I don't know what your eating time preferences are, but I have found that eating early almost always gives me time to see whatever show I want to attend.  When you try and eat 6-7 is when you find you start having conflicts.  We have just made it a "rule" to eat at 5:30 so that dinner is out of the way. Then, generally, a show will be at 7:30 or 10:30 or whatever time it happens to be and we rarely have any conflicts.

Are you planning on purchasing a dining package before you sail ?  If so, you can make those reservations once you get on the ship, have a chance to see what the schedule is going to be.  The only danger is that you may have to reschedule something well into the week and by then you may have a limited choice in dates, times or venues.  It's just one of the hazards of a dynamic mix of dining and entertainment.

Good luck !

Thanks for the reply.  We were thinking of prebooking the hibachi experience dinner and also the chefs table.  I think when we book these 2 dining experiences on cruise planner we have to choose a date and time. 

Is there any "pattern" for the main shows? I.e, do they tend to be on certain nights? We are on an 11 night cruise.

40 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

Is there any "pattern" for the main shows? I.e, do they tend to be on certain nights? We are on an 11 night cruise.

There are many cruise compasses for Independence on the site.  Look at the top and click on Cruise Compass.  That will give you a general idea.  You can also search for an 11 night cruise on a different ship to compare it to.