China Summer 2016

Clarea

I have noticed that Royal Caribbean, compared to other cruise lines, is very slow at posting future cruises.  We normally have to book very early due to my husband's job, and twice now we've had to book with Princess because Royal Caribbean has not posted cruises very far in advance.  I'm not sure why they can't post earlier since other lines can do it, but with so many people trying to book early, you would think they could arrange to keep up with other lines.

This is just speculation, but I know whole ship charters are very common in China. Thus, they could be signing those charter deals in advance of posting the schedules so as to not disrupt passengers and canceling already booked cruises when the ship gets chartered.

Thanks for your replies. I also normally book early due to work too - I travel to the Far East at least once most years for work and my husband and I try to combine with a cruise. We are quite restricted on dates and need to book far out to fit in with my work schedule and flights - this has worked most years with Royal Caribbean. I've been waiting patiently for RCI as bookings were scheduled to open in August, but looks like it will need to be Princess if nothing shows up by end October, which is a shame as I was looking forward to trying Ovation, Quantum or the refurbished Voyager. Does anyone know if the local charters are available for overseas (UK) guests to book? Might be a different experience, but I would consider giving it a go!

For the 2015 Asia sailings; RC listed the sailing dates in October online. I believe DocLC is correct; the cruise line is probably attempting to book whole cruises and work with the local travel agents. For example, I booked with a Hong Kong travel agency for my last cruise in July out of Hong Kong on Voyager. Lesson learned was not to use a local agent as they were not service focused or flexible really in any way.

On another note, you can see all the 2016 sailings from Kai Tak Cruise Terminal which has Royal Carribean listed. Lots of cruises this summer and looking forward to it. I just wish they would list the Asian cruises soon as the planning of a cruise is part of the experience.