Changing of name on Royal Caribbean account

Hey guys,

My family and I have a cruise booked on the brand new Spectrum of the Seas in May, for a 4D3N, when it stops and derps around in Singapore for abit before going on the final leg of its maiden voyage to China. It'll be my first cruise in more than 20 years and I'm beyond excited.

I have a question for you all: I will be registering a name change for myself between now and the cruise date, but when registering for an RC account it clearly states I have to use the name reflected on my identification. Does the RC account have functionality to allow you to change names? I could, of course, wait a bit until the new ID is approved, but I think y'all understand that I want to dive into the cruise planner as soon as humanly possible. Note that I'm not talking about the booking itself; for that I know I have to send a request to RCL to change the name on the booking.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:26 PM, souledgar said:

Does the RC account have functionality to allow you to change names?

Name changes are not a major problem. In fact, name changes usually occurs when one person is swapped out with another.  

As long as one name on the original reservation remains the same, changing names of others is not a big deal.

If you booked with a travel agent, they can make the entire process so much easier on you.