Noumea on a Sunday

Marsude

Hi everyone,

We will be in Noumea on a Sunday. Does anyone know if the excursions are the same as on other days of the week? I have heard most shops are closed. We dont really want to go shopping but would like to get around.

Many thanks

Marsude

I haven't been there but are you considering a Royal Caribbean excursion or something on your own?

I can tell you that in other ports when we sail in on a Sunday or some holiday that the locals are smart enough to open shops up to take advantage of 2-3,000 tourists coming into town.  You may have trouble with restaurants or shops being open further away from the cruise port area, however.

Thanks Matt,

We will do one of the RC excursions ... as this is our first cruise and we will be learning the ropes.

I think the only impact Sunday may have on your time in port is if you venture off on your own at all.  In terms of the Royal Caribbean excursions, should be no change from what the excursion description reads.

Hi Marsude,

These are the current RCI excursions for New Noumea and as Matt said port timings for a Sunday may have an impact not sure.   What we do is on day one read the Excursions Brochure that is in your stateroom make any bookings you want to do with RCI (on the TV in room) - done and dusted no problems. 

Noumea City Sights with Cheese & Wine Tasting

Discover Dumbea River by Kayak

Noumea City Sights & Aquarium

Discovery Tchou Tchou Train

Tjibaou Cultural Center

Forest Park & Bird Sanctuary

City Orientation Tour

Noumea Sights & Anse Vata Beach Stop

Zodiac Ride to Duck Island

Noumea City, Bays & Countryside

Noumea City Sights, Aquarium & Beach

Noumea Mangrove Discovery

Segway at Botanical Gardens

Stand Up Paddle Boarding

Sail the Bays of Noumea

Line Fishing in New Caledonia Lagoon

Hope this helps with your planning.. please note some of these excursions can be booked from the Noumea Passenger Terminal as well. 

• 2 weeks later...