First Cruise-Bayonne to Bermuda this Saturday and now there is a tropical storm!

Debbie1032

We are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary (and first trip without kids! in 20 years).  Of course I am excited and nervous simultaneously! Should we be worried about the impending Tropical Storm in the Atlantic?? I told my husband it's going to be like Forrest Gump on shrimp boat knowing our luck! (LOL)

Also, any tips for first time cruisers on the Liberty? Thanks so much!

Thanks everyone.  So of course it has been upgrade to a potential Category 2/3 Hurricane! We live in NJ so it's an hour ride to Bayonne so no worries there.. Now just to see if we get out of the port and if our itinerary changes due to the storm.  I am praying for it to take a sharp right and head out to sea!  :D

Thanks everyone.  So of course it has been upgrade to a potential Category 2/3 Hurricane! We live in NJ so it's an hour ride to Bayonne so no worries there.. Now just to see if we get out of the port and if our itinerary changes due to the storm.  I am praying for it to take a sharp right and head out to sea!  :D

As a resident of the northeast, I agree!

Going to Canada now! A balmy 49 Degrees! Better safe than sorry!

Sorry to hear.

I live in Halifax and love the Canadian east coast, but when ones expecting Bermuda its gotta be a disapointment comming here.

We've seen a few ships in lately avoiding the storm, to bad its been a rainy week here.

Sorry to hear.

I live in Halifax and love the Canadian east coast, but when ones expecting Bermuda its gotta be a disapointment comming here.

We've seen a few ships in lately avoiding the storm, to bad its been a rainy week here.

Hey Jerel, we were in Halifax last week on Brilliance and really enjoyed the city. Too bad it was a bit rainy, but we enjoyed walking to the Citadel and just seeing some of the city. I was amazed at all of the construction going on downtown, and the cruise terminal was very nice.

Hey Jerel, we were in Halifax last week on Brilliance and really enjoyed the city. Too bad it was a bit rainy, but we enjoyed walking to the Citadel and just seeing some of the city. I was amazed at all of the construction going on downtown, and the cruise terminal was very nice.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

It rained on and off for a week and has been nice since, just the luck of the draw I guess.

There is quite a bit of construction on the go, even outside of downtown there is many high rise condos going up. Growth is good. I work in construction so they keep me busy, it's been this way for the past 15 years or more.

Glad you liked the Citadel though, I like the forts. We got a few around. Your ship may have done a U-turn around Georges Island across from the pier, it's fortified too, has some tunnels with cannons sticking out of windows.

I read about you making platinum, sounds like you had a good trip.