Holiday Travel

cookie10*

We will be on the Oasis for New Years and have several questions. . Do they have a special dinner/event for new years eve? Do they keep the restaurant open late? Assume you would have to get reservation at restaurant as soon as you can because of the  crowds? Or do they celebrate with shows in the theaters? Are special event at extra costs? And looking for any suggestion or recommendation those of you that have previously been there.

Just now, cookie10* said:

We will be on the Oasis for New Years and have several questions. . Do they have a special dinner/event for new years eve? 

We were on Indy for this past New Years.  They had a special NYE dinner at Chops and Giovanni's for an upcharge (I think it was $79pp).  The MDR also had a NYE menu.  There is a copy of it in my Indy blog (link in signature below).

Do they keep the restaurant open late?

It was regular hours on Indy.

Assume you would have to get reservation at restaurant as soon as you can because of the  crowds?

Chops and Giovanni's filled up quickly.  The MDR was the busiest on that night.  We made reservations for later that evening knowing that we would be up later.

Or do they celebrate with shows in the theaters?

Not in the theater.  The main NYE celebrations were on the promenade and pool deck.  Some small ones in the lounges.  Again, there is a copy of NYE celebrations in my Indy blog.

Are special event at extra costs?

The only one that I am aware of is they had a "bridge" area on the promenade that they sectioned off for special seating.  They were selling tickets for it on the first day.  I think it was about $99pp.  It gave you a space to enjoy the countdown with champagne and avoid the crowd.  There was only seating for about 30 people there.  On the OA class ships, I read that they did this at the Rising Tide bar.

We were on Grandeur for the 2018-19 celebrations. They did have a special menu in the dinning room, french cuisine based. We had booked Chop's but the menu was the regular menu plus they offered a 1/2 bottle of moet for 79$/pp. not worth it so we cancel and we choose a nice champagne instead. all the bands were playing in different venues around the ship. they had a ''special'' for a VIP table around the centrum. appetizers, one bottle of dom perignon and dedicated waiter for....900$. again, not worth it.