The Cruise After the Next Cruise

DocLC

Do you ever find yourself planning so much for a future cruise that you don't give much thought to your upcoming cruise? I have the Libert booked for January, but am so eager for my cruise next summer that I'm not doing much planning for the Liberty.

Seems a bit odd as I've not been in this situation before, but I'm sure it's also an issue of known ports versus unknown ports.

It's been known to happen to me.

Kind of along those lines, our honeymoon cruise was obviously the day after our wedding and all the wedding planning and craziness completely clouded the pre-cruise prep.  I remember the day of the cruise having a moment where I thought "wow, I have a cruise and almost forgot about it."

I remember when my precruise research involved combing news groups. :)

rec.arts.... the good old days! 

News groups are the forgotten social media and I agree, they were amazing resources.  But trying to explain how they worked was like trying to explain the plot of an L. Ron Hubbard book to someone.

For sure, I find it pretty surrealistic too. I'm watching tube videos of cruises way down the line when I'm setting sail in just over a month on the Indy.

In Feb I'll be on the same sailing as the group cruise, looking forward to that. First time on a ship that big and doing a central park balcony (drink package too!).

Then it's the Nav out of Miami with a virtual balcony, from what iv seen the Nav looks like a great ship.

And then it's the Harmony with a central park balcony again. Really really looking forward to that, it'll be the coolest ship going.

So many different cruises with different things to look forward too, I tend to overlook our next cruise :).

I always seem to have 2-3 cruises booked and planned so always have something to look forward to after the next cruise.

I think its normal to look ahead, especially if future cruises are different or new ships from what you have done before.

That being said, I look forward to every cruise and learning as much about it as I can. The only time when that is not the case now is when I take EOS, as I have been on her 4x now....but that doesn't mean I don't look forward to it. I just know her very well and the stops etc.