Cruising with granddaughters

Just booked a cruise on Grandeur, out of Baltimore to Bermuda for next August. We will be taking two granddaughters (one almost 17 by then, and her sister 14 1/2) on their first cruise (our fifth). We have connecting cabins but will sleep with the girls in one cabin and my wife and I in the other. I don't anticipate any problems but would like to get the combined wisdom and experiences of you other contributors as to potential problems, pitfalls and suggestions we should be aware of. Thank you in advance for any information.

The only thing I can think to add is perhaps get a key card for their room in case the connecting door gets closed and locked for some reason.  I suppose you could also keep their door to the corridor locked and have them come through your room as the common entry/exit point if you feel the need to monitor their comings and goings. However, I wouldn't foresee any problems either.

The only thing I can think to add is perhaps get a key card for their room in case the connecting door gets closed and locked for some reason.  I suppose you could also keep their door to the corridor locked and have them come through your room as the common entry/exit point if you feel the need to monitor their comings and goings. However, I wouldn't foresee any problems either.

We had our stateroom attendant unlock the connecting door. So if it were to close, it was no big deal.