Freedom of the Seas, specialty restaurants at lunchtime?

becky650

I'm sure Matt will chime in since he just got back from the Freedom a few weeks ago, but I know there are a few.  Johnny Rockets comes to mind, but I also believe the Giovanni's and perhaps Sabor are options.  Of course, this could vary from sailing to sailing as well depending on demand.

I was just wondering if any of the specialty restaurants on Freedom of the Seas are open for lunch?  If so, is it the same price as at dinner or is it a reduced price?

On sea days all 3 were open for lunch and all for about 50% off.  Giovanni's & Sabor were $15 per person and Chops was $18 per person.

lunch.jpg

Matt,

For Chops is the quality and menu selection as one would get for full price at dinner?

I did not eat at Chops for lunch so I cannot comment but based on other restaurants, there may be an item or two left off the lunch menu.

You can certainly inquire when you get onboard.

I did not eat at Chops for lunch so I cannot comment but based on other restaurants, there may be an item or two left off the lunch menu.

You can certainly inquire when you get onboard.

There are also some items added to the lunch menu that aren't available at dinner. Lasagna at Giovani's comes to mind; it's only available at lunch.

• 1 month later...

For dinner, yes. Not sure about lunch.

They definitely had a Sabor tasting booth on the Royal Promenade set up!

The tasting booth is definitely set up, and the guacamole is divine! The margaritas are included up to the limit dollar amount. Lunch is only on sea days and is only from noon to 1. Report # 1...done! Back to cruising....

The tasting booth is definitely set up, and the guacamole is divine! The margaritas are included up to the limit dollar amount. Lunch is only on sea days and is only from noon to 1. Report # 1...done! Back to cruising....

Thank you, sir! That sounds about right to me and embarkation day is a port day.

MATT!!!! SABOR WAS AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe I almost didn't listen to you. I'll never doubt you again, sir! We had it for lunch on an unexpected sea day (Coco Cay got cancelled due to rough seas). The guac was freaking fantastic! And the margaritas was delish! And included in the premium package, as you said they would be. Plus, you forgot to mention the desserts! Holy cow! What a fabulous experience! You are so right to demand that we all try it. No, do not suggest it. Do not recommend it. DEMAND COMPLIANCE!!! It's that worth it! (And to you cynical skeptics like me, it is not just typical Mexican at sea. It ain't a floating Taco Bell.) Thank you, thank you, thank you! We'll be Sabor fanatics forever!

• 2 weeks later...