Recipe: Make the Coco Loco official CocoCay cocktail at home!
With there being no Royal Caribbean cruises for many weeks (if not months), that also means there are no visits to Perfect Day at CocoCay.
If you want to get that private island feel back at home, you might consider putting on your sunglasses, turning up the reggae music and making yourself the official concoction of CocoCay: the Coco Loco.
The Coco Loco is the kind of frozen concoction that is sure to put a smile on just about anyone's face, and ever since I had my very first one, I was hooked.
While at home, it is easy enough to make a batch yourself so that you can feel like you are sitting on Chill Island.
Photo by Lori Barrett
Coco Loco Ingredients
Makes one cocktail
- 1/2 oz Orange Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 oz Papaya Juice Concentrate
- 1/2 oz Coconut Cream
- 3/4 oz Dark Rum (Or make it a virgin Coco Loco without the rum)
- 3/4 oz Coconut Rum
- 1/4 oz Grenadine
- Crushed ice
Suggested music while preparing
- Kenny Chesney - No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems
Coco Loco Instructions
- Toss all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the potion into a cocktail glass.
- Dress it up with a fresh wedge of pineapple.