Hurricane Florence causes Royal Caribbean cruise to stay in Florida until storm passes
Royal Caribbean announced that due to Hurricane Florence's forecasted track, Grandeur of the Seas will wait out the storm in Port Canaveral, Florida until it is safe to return to Baltimore.
Grandeur of the Seas is currently in the Bahamas and sailing on a previously modified itinerary to avoid the path of Florence. Royal Caribbean issued an update for the September 8th sailing today, "The ship will have a full day in Nassau, Bahamas on Tuesday, September 11th, and will then set sail to Port Canaveral, Florida where she will be in port on Wednesday, September 12th and Thursday, September 13th. We expect Grandeur to arrive in Baltimore no later than Sunday, September 16th."
As a result, the scheduled September 13th Grandeur of the Seas sailing is being finalized pending the return of the ship to Baltimore, "The departure date and time, as well as the itinerary, are currently being finalized. We do not expect the departure date to be later than Sunday, September 16th."
My brother just texted me. They are now staying in Nassau until tomorrow night then headed to canaveral for a couple days. Won’t be back in Baltimore until Sat evening instead of Thurs morning. I’m kind of jealous. #grandeuroftheseas
— Joe Tolley (@joetolley) September 10, 2018
Another update by Royal Caribbean on the status of the Grandeur of the Seas upcoming sailing is scheduled for 7pm EDT on September 11th.