Royal Caribbean releases details for Jewel of the Seas renovation
Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas is scheduled for an April 2016 bow-to-stern $30 million renovation that will bring a lot of big changes to the ship.
During her refurbishment, Jewel of the Seas renovation features will include
- New 2 bedroom Family Suite stateroom
- All staterooms will be renoveated with an additional 42 staterooms added
- New specialty restaurants will be added
- Giovanni's Table (replaces Portofino)
- Vintages (replaces Champagne Bar)
- Izumi (replaces Seaview Cafe)
- Pervasive Wi-Fi & Digital signage throughout the ship
- New poolside movie screen
- Diamond Club added to the Viking Crown Lounge
- Renovated Chops Grille
- Renovated Spa and retail shops
- Concierge Club will replace Hollywood Odyssey
- Shoreside Dining Room, Explorer’s Court and Yacht Club will be removed.
- Addition of Voom high-speed internet
The newly renovated Jewel of the Seas will include 42 new staterooms
- Deck 2 will have 9 new staterooms
- Deck 4 will have 9 new staterooms
- Deck 7 will have 1 new stateroom
- Deck 8 will have 2 new staterooms
- Deck 9 will have 7 new staterooms
- Deck 10 will have 2 new staterooms
- Deck 11 will have 12 new staterooms
Royal Caribbean says staterooms will be available to book beginning December 2015.
From May through October 2016, Jewel of the Seas will cruise round-trip from Rome on an array of itineraries showcasing the best destinations of Italy, Greece and Turkey. These 7, 8, and 9 night itineraries mainly sail through the Greek Isles.
Jewel will complete her European itinerary in October 2016 after which she will return to her home port of San Juan, Puerto where she will sail 6, 7, 8 and 9 night Southern Caribbean itineraries.