Royal Caribbean has changed the itinerary it had originally planned for Freedom of the Seas due to a propulsion problem that the ship is suffering from.
As with the last few sailings, Royal Caribbean has changed the itinerary due to a "small restriction on her top speed". All scheduled ports on the itinerary – CocoCay, Montego Bay, GeorgeTown and Cozumel – will remain, with adjustments made to the time spent in port.
The new itinerary will have Freedom of the Seas
- December 28: Depart Port Canaveral at 4:30pm
- December 29: CocoCay from 7:30am to 3:30pm
- December 30: Sea Day
- December 31: Montego Bay from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- January 1: Grand Cayman from 7:00am to 2:30pm
- January 2: Cozumel from 10:00am to 4:00pm
- January 3: Sea Day
- January 4: Return to Port Canaveral at 6:00am
As with other altered cruises due to this propulsion problem, and we've heard Royal Caribbean has given its passengers onboard credit as an apology for the change. A letter with the credit amount will be delivered to each stateroom.