Water ?!

Ok, here's an old topic, but,, what is the current bottled water policy ? Are we still allowed to bring sealed cases of bottled water on board or did they put the kibosh on that ? I read recently that another cruise line did, because it's too easy to sneak clear liquor on board in water bottles, but then they sell it at a VERY reasonable price on board. I remember it being around $6.95 for a 12 pack. Anyone ?

Policy is clear that passengers are not permitted to bring nonalcoholic beverages on board. That being said, I have successfully attached an extra luggage tag to a 12 pack of diet Pepsi and an 8 pack of bottled water (both in unbroken carton or wrap) and they were delivered to my cabin with the rest of the luggage. I have also put an unbroken 8 pack of diet Pepsi in side my luggage, and it got flagged for posible alcohol and I had to go down to the naughty room to collect my bag. They did however allow me to keep the soda. Others that I have talked to have done the same thing and it was confiscated, so it seems to be hit or miss.

As the others have said, official policy is that they're not allowed although I've read several reports that they usually wave a reasonable amount through. It will be interesting to see if Royal and others change their stance since Carnival has banned water from being brought onboard as people were smuggling clear alcohol in the bottles. Apparently, you can buy kits to reseal the water bottles after opening them so that they look factory sealed. A plus, though, is that Carnival is selling a case of water for $2.95 if you prepurchase it, which is super cheap.

My wife wasn't pleased with the soda quality onboard last cruise so I may try to bring a 12-pack onboard in Harwich. Just go knowing that it might be confiscated.

My wife really prefers Coke Zero over what's offered onboard ships that don't have the Freestyle machines, so we're going to pick up a 12 pack in London before heading to the Brilliance; I'm on the Replenish package and am less picky when it comes to by drink preferences.  We're going in knowing that it might not be allowed onboard and I'm willing to lose the $5 on a chance that it might be allowed.